Sadly the weather gods were not on our side in Douarnenez today and it was not possible to complete any racing because of lack of wind.  The fleet were initially held ashore until 13.30 enjoying coffee and good company at the event marquee.   The postponement was pulled down and they went afloat just after 13.30 in the hope that some sea breeze would materialise but it was not to be and the race committee sent the boats home again.

Whilst there may not be any racing to report that doesn’t mean Stav didn’t have plenty to chat about so instead of a race report he caught up with Ron James and Peter Colby about what brings them back to Douarnenez time after time and looked ahead to the 2013 Dragon Worlds in Weymouth.

More information at